Sunday, January 1, 2017

Reflecting On 2016 Goals

Happy New Year! That's right...it's officially 2017! It feels absolutely unreal to write that.

At the beginning of 2016, I wrote a post outlining my goals for 2016. If 2016 has taught me anything, it's the power of reflection. It's when we look back that we learn the most about ourselves and are most able to make changes. (Plus it's always fun to celebrate when you reach a goal!)

Without further ado, let's get to it!

First, I want to make forty or more posts over the course of 2016. That sounds doable for me, and I hope that it'll still give you new content every so often.

During 2016 I was able to post a total of...

*drum roll*

FIFTY TIMES!

That's right! I surpassed my goal by exactly ten posts. To be honest, there was a point in June when I thought that there was NO WAY I would be able to meet this first goal, so surpassing this goal is extra-sweet for me. 

Second, I do a great job of vanishing without warning, so I'll try to put out warnings when I'm going to disappear for a week or two.

Um...well...

I did TRY to do a better job, but I don't think I really met this one. There were a lot of periods during the year when I disappeared without a trace. I guess this is a good thing for me to keep in mind when I make my list of goals for 2017, eh?

Third, I'm going to try to read more MG so I can do MMGM. I'm hoping to do one MMGM post a month. That will be difficult because the local library is lacking in that area, but I'm going to try to make it work!

I freely admit that MMGM just didn't happen around here. In fact, by the end of April or so, I pretty much decided that I wasn't going to stress myself out about trying to fit in MMGM. I'm enjoying a lot of YA books, and since I like to keep things pretty fun around here, I think I'm going to read whatever grabs my interest...within the YA and MG categories (for now). 

Fourth, I want to do more posts about writing. I think I did exactly one in 2015, so I have lots of room for improvement in this area!

I just did a quick click through of the posts labeled "writing," and it looks like I did twelve posts about writing in 2016 (plus two posts that I wrote but never hit the "publish" button). That's eleven more than in 2015, so I think I definitely met this goal!

Lastly, I want to hear more from you. This is more of a wish than a resolution, but I want to receive feedback from you. I hope your suggestions will help The Reader's Perch improve.

When I posted a small sample of my writing in February, so many wonderful people sent me kind emails or posted comments. I was quite nervous to share my writing, and all of your amazing support means the world to me. I would love to receive more emails and comments in 2017, so don't be shy about sending me a quick note!

Thank you so much for reading this post! Are you taking the time to look at your 2016 goals and reflect on them? How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I love comments.