Monday, October 24, 2016

Review: PLACES NO ONE KNOWS

Hello! I hope you are having an excellent day! I'm doing a short review on a book I read last week called PLACES NO ONE KNOWS.


PLACES NO ONE KNOWS is about two teenagers who fall in love. Everyone thinks that Waverly Camdenmar is the perfect friend of the popular girl. No one knows that Waverly can't sleep and spends her nights running until the blisters on her feet bleed. The boy, Marshall Holt, is a slacker with a horrible home life. He spends his nights going to parties and doing drugs.

With the help of a magical candle (which sounds really weird but works in the story), Waverly is transported into Marshall's life while she sleeps. The two get to know each other and fall in love, but will the barriers in their daytime lives keep them apart?

I thought that Waverly and Marshall were interesting characters but I felt that I didn't get a chance to get to know them as much as I would have liked to. I've never read a character like Waverly before, and I really enjoyed how original she felt.

In addition, the characters fell in love so quickly that it felt a little contrived. I wish I had gotten a chance to get to know them and their relationship better.

The story is written as literature rather than a fluffy romance read, so if you pick up this book, be prepared for lots of symbolism and figurative language. The prose is really interesting, so if you want to read some great writing in a YA novel, this is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I love comments.