Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I hope everyone is having a great week! It has been ridiculously warm for the past few days, so I've been cowering indoors with the AC blasting and lots of borrowed books.

I don't really like setting rules, especially if the activity in question is something similar to blogging. I did decide pretty early on that I wouldn't post any negative posts on this blog. I'll express my reaction to all books on Goodreads, but I like to spend my energy focusing on good books, especially if I'm putting an hour (which is usually how long each post takes me to write and edit) into writing a review.

I want to clarify that negative reviews are different than critical reviews. Let's face it: no book is perfect. Every book is going to have some small flaws, and I'm going to point out the things that bugged me. But I only blog about books that have left me with a favorable impression, so every book I review here is one I've enjoyed.

Unfortunately, that means that sometimes I'll pick up a book on Wednesday with every intention of using it for a Monday post, and I won't enjoy it. In those cases, I just won't have a post. Trust me, it's annoying sometimes, but I want The Reader's Perch to be an overall positive blog.

Now that I'm done with that, it's time to return to the fun stuff: blogging about books! I'm going to have a review ready for you on Monday, so I'll see you then.

Keep reading!

2 comments:

  1. I don't post negative reviews on my blog either. I simply don't put up reviews there for books I didn't like. I hope whatever you are reading now is good! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know that there's someone else out there with the same philosophy. Thanks for stopping by, and I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

      Delete

Thanks! I love comments.