Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Independent Bookstore Day 2015

 Hello! Today I am doing a post on my Independent Bookstore Day acquisitions. This year I purchased a number of bookish trinkets.

Before I begin, I would like to apologize for the quality of the pictures. I'm not a photographer, and the camera on my phone isn't the most impressive piece of technology. I was also forced to find a new background for my pictures. I'm not sure how I feel about the wood, but hopefully you can see the items.

Here we go!


The "Sweet" tea towels are the only object I knew I was going to get. They both matched rooms in my house, and I loved the sayings. Here's a closer look at each towel:


My "library" at home has a purple theme to it (I'm not sure why), and the message and book-like print on this towel is a PERFECT addition to that room.


The powder room has an empty wall, and the decor would actually fit in quite well with this orange towel. 

After some careful consideration, I took a leap of faith and bought the "Salty" set as well. 


I try to keep the content on this blog pretty friendly, so I won't be posting a larger picture of the yellow towel. The yellow towel was the part of this set I wasn't really sure about. I don't feel comfortable posting something with that kind of language in my house. However, I loved the blue one too much not to get the set.


This is, unfortunately, an-all-too-accurate statement regarding my TBR pile. How could I pass it up? 

And last but not least...


I used the carpet as a background because the wood-artwork-on-wood-background didn't look right. Because I love writing and reading, I liked the message of this piece.

That's it for this year! I hope you enjoyed it. The rest of this year's items can be viewed here (you may need to scroll a bit). Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I love comments.