Friday, April 24, 2015

My Second Trip to the Library

Good morning! I have decided to continue to share my library adventures. The beginning of this story can be found here.

And now to the next chapter in my adventure.

After my pleasant experience at the library, I messed around with the online catalogue. Although it wasn't intuitive, it didn't take me very long to figure out how to do the basics: create a TBR list, place holds, and review the due dates for the books I had checked out. After setting up the list of TBR books, I placed a hold on LEARNING NOT TO DROWN, a book someone recently recommended to me. 

(As a side note, I will be doing a review on LEARNING NOT TO DROWN on Monday.)

A couple of days later, I got an email from the library telling me my hold was ready. If there is one thing my new library gets points for, it's speed. LEARNING NOT TO DROWN was at another branch, and it took them a very short period of time to get it to me. My old county library could be a little slow getting books to different branches; sometimes it would take a week to get a book to my branch. 

I had an hour between two appointments, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I could get my hold and scope out the MG section.

I grabbed my hold before getting sidetracked and picking up a graphic novel that looked interesting. It was a quick read, and I was able to return it to its spot on the shelf after finishing it.

I still had a little bit of time left before I had to leave, so I browsed the MG section. I had spent my last trip in the YA section, so I wanted to get a better idea of the MG books.

I was very disappointed by the MG section. As far as I could tell, there were only four small bookcases with MG books. I found that no shelf was completely full. The books were also very worn. 

After poking around in the MG section and not finding a book I wanted, I checked out LEARNING NOT TO DROWN and left.

Overall, I felt that my second library visit wasn't as pleasant as my first. I assume they have a strong MG section at one of the other branches, so maybe I just need to poke around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I love comments.