Monday, May 5, 2014

MMGM: The Wrath of Darth Maul

Warning: my brain is fried right now. I am sorry about all mistakes!

I'm not actually a huge Star Wars fan. I picked up this book because it looked interesting. How could I not? The first page grabbed at me, the little snippet on the back sparked my interest, and the cover looked crazy.

It is a little weird, but the title is on the spine, not the cover. The author is Ryder Windham.

Goodreads has only a little bit on this book:

The most anticipated Star Wars biography yet!

One of the most feared villains of all time.

One of the most iconic characters of the Star Wars saga.

One incredible story.

Features new, never-before-told secrets about Darth Maul!

The beginning was different than what I expected. I thought we would see some of his family, maybe learn his rage was fueled by their deaths. Hint: it's not.

We follow Maul as he trains with his master. His master has special powers that Maul doesn't understand- that is, until an accident causes his master to figure out that he has potential to control these special powers. Little by little, Maul learns of the force and the evil Jedi. Fueled by a desire to prove to his master that he is not weak and worthy to become not only his apprentice but also a Sith lord in his own right, Maul is faced with many difficult challenges.


From a purely story-based standpoint, the book is good. You really get a feeling for who Darth Maul was. The author's intention was to make you feel sorry for him, but I really didn't get that from it. I got a sense of understanding.

I think there are some hidden secrets for die-hard Star Wars fans. There were a lot of characters that I felt were people I should know.

If you like Star Wars, READ IT. If you are looking for a light read or a book for, say, an eight year old who likes star wars but won't read, check this out.

4 out of 5 stars.

4 comments:

  1. I do have some very stalwart Star Wars fans who would love this. Just in time for Star Wars Day, which I forgot about yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard there is a new Star Wars movie in the planning stages. This might bridge the gap for fans until it is released. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some friends who are pretty much the biggest Star Wars fans in the galaxy. The new movie is pretty much the only thing they talk about now.

      Delete

Thanks! I love comments.