Monday, March 24, 2014

MMGM:SPRINKLES AND SECRETS

First of all WOOT WOOT! 1600 views in ATH (all time history).

I must say I'm so sorry for typos. It's late and I'm so tired right now. But I wanted to get something up. Only five posts in March and we have only a week left.


Some of you might remember the MMGM I did on IT’S RAINING CUPCAKES. Well, today I’m reviewing the second book in the series, SPRINKLES AND SECRETS.

The review for the first book can be found over here.

Goodreads:
In this companion novel to It's Raining Cupcakes, twelve-year-old Sophie has a dream come true when she's offered a TV commercial spot. She's not just happy about the opportunity, she's over the moon happy!

But then she finds out what exactly she'll be advertising: the delectable, ever-popular brownies from Beatrice's Brownies, which just so happens to be the number one competitor to It's Raining Cupcakes, a cupcake shop owned by her best friend, Isabel's, family.

Sophie has a tough choice to make: Follow her dreams or crush her best friend. What's a girl to do?

My synopsis:

This book is told from Isabel’s friend’s point of view. Sophie wants desperately to be an actress, so when her agent offers her a chance to audition for a part in a commercial, she jumps at it. But things get chocolate-fudge-messy when she learns what company is holding the audition. It’s Beatrice’s Brownies, It’s Raining Cupcakes’ biggest competitor. 

Sophie tries to keep it from Isabel, hoping she can keep their friendship. But what happens from there isn’t just sprinkles and rainbows. It’s ice-cream-soup-chaotic!

My review:

The plot was pretty straight forward. Character A gets something that will make friend B get mad, so A lies to B. B finds out and gets mad at A. A does something for B. B forgives A. 

I like how you see how A gets B to forgive them. Sophie was pretty creative in doing something for Isabel.

Even though it was a really obvious plot, the characters were good and loveable. I felt the writing was good. I thought Isabel could have been portrayed a little better, especially since I’ve been in her head for the first book, so I know how she thinks. 

 I think I'd give it about 3.25 out of 5. That's a solid "liked it".

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover!!! and the fun premise.
    Thank you for the feature.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I love comments.