Monday, January 27, 2014

MMGM: THE OUTLANDISH ADVENTURES OF LIBERTY AIMES

Before I begin my MMGM, I'd like to announce the winner of a copy of WHATEVER AFTER. Prepare the confetti...

~Mark Baker~

Mark, you have one week to email me at birdie(dot)on(dot)books(at)gmail(dot)com to claim your prize! A special thanks to everyone who entered!

Goodreads says:
Liberty Aimes has spent all of her ten years captive in her parents' crooked old house on Gooch Street. Her spry father, Mal Aimes, is a crook who sells insurance, while her overweight mother sits at home in front of the TV, demanding that Liberty cook nonstop, everything from fried clams and fried hot dogs to ice cream sundaes. Liberty's only knowledge of the outside world comes from the secret stash of children's books and fairy tales she discovered beneath the floorboards.
    One day, Liberty works up the courage to enter her father's forbidden basement laboratory. There she discovers a world of talking animals and magic potions. With the aid of one such potion, Liberty escapes into the world--and learns that she can talk to animals. She decides her destiny is to find the renowned Sullivan School, where she can live and get an education. Along the way, she meets a wacky cast of characters--some become true friends, but others want to kidnap her.


My review:
I adore this book. Kelly Easton is such a great author with a very fun writing style. This book has a few fun illustrations with larger print for children just starting to read chapter books. It's better for older readers too. The characters are great, and the story, which may not be completely realistic, is entertaining and wonderful. I can't say too many good things about this amazing book!

6 comments:

  1. I had not heard of this title so thanks for bringing it my attention. I'll add it to my future read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing book. Not too many people have heard of it, but it is so worth a read!

      Delete
  2. This does sound like quite a fun book. Thanks to bringing it to my attention, although my to be read pile is groaning.

    Speaking of which, you did get my e-mail, right? I'm very excited to have won your giveaway. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got home and checked my email & blog. Yes, I got it! Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks! I love comments.