Monday, December 30, 2013

MMGM: Randi Rhodes: Ninja Detective

Today is my dad's birthday and my mom and sister pulled me into preparing for the event that we are having this evening.  I really wanted to have more than "going dark" posts, so here I go!

(Please excuse all typos.)



Goodreads:
Deer Creek is a small town whose only hope for survival is the success of their Founder's Day Festival. But the festival's main attraction, a time capsule that many people believe hold the town's treasure, has gone missing.

Randi Rhodes and her best friend, D.C., are Bruce Lee inspired ninjas and local detectives determined to solve the case. Even if it means investigating in a haunted cabin and facing mean old Angus McCarthy, prime suspect.

They have three days to find the treasure-the future of their whole town is at stake! Will these kids be able to save the day?


My review:
I loved Randi and felt that the town was well established in the reader's mind. The mystery was great and the solution was somewhat surprising. However, I would have wanted a little more of D.C. and Pudge. For me, I wanted to see a lot more of Pudge. He's on the cover but wasn't a big character until the last few chapters.

4 stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I love comments.